Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options.
Routinely, treatment can be done the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any X-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have dental insurance, bring your card so that filing the claim will be easier.
- A driver’s license or other form of photo identification.
- Any questions you may have regarding treatment.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e. antibiotics for pre-med).
If your dentist has taken recent x-rays (within six months), you may request that they forward them to our office. We routinely take x-rays as part of our diagnosis. At Coastal Endodontics, LLC, we have the latest technology in digital dental x-ray requiring the least amount of radiation possible.